2014 is a milestone year in My World thus far for many reasons…
2014 is my Disney Parks Moms Panel alumni
2014 is the year my youngest child leaves junior school and begins senior education
2014 is the year my 2nd eldest child leaves 6th Form College and begins University education
2014 is the year is which said previous child leaves home to pursue her dreams
2014 is the year in which my first born took an about-turn in his chosen profession
2014 is the year in which my husband and I took our 1st EVER holiday abroad sans children
2014 is the year in which we completed some major construction work to our home
and I’m sure the next 6 months will bring more eagerly awaited milestones and knowing my family some quite unexpected ones as well!
And so to the Milestone Banana Cake…
Competing in a Master Chef style competition is part of my youngest’s rite of passage of leaving her junior school. Having previously baked cookies for some hungry
teachers judges, she made the the final dozen contestants; it goes without saying that I’m delighted some of my cooking genetics must have been passed along!
‘Mummy what shall I cook for the final?’ was her next question. After much page flipping and thought we’ve come up with hopefully the winning recipe…
You will need: a 2 lb loaf tin – well buttered and lined with baking paper
Oven: 180c/ fan 160c /gas 4
125g melted butter,
150g castor sugar,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
1 well beaten egg,
2 large ripe bananas mashed to a pulp,
190g self raising flour,
- In a saucepan over a low heat combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla essence – stir well until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add mashed bananas and mix thoroughly.
- beat in the egg.
- Stir in flour and lastly add the milk. The mixture should resemble the consistency of a loose muffin mix.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for at least 45 minutes before checking to see if a skewer come outs clean – if not leave in for a further 5/10 minutes.
- If you can resist the warmth of a freshly baked cake – leave to cool on a rack before cutting into slices & enjoying with a cup of tea!
Milestone Banana Cake
Watch this space to find out if our Milestone Banana Cake is a winner with the judges.
– if not it doesn’t matter a bit because it’s a sure fire winner in my World.
Delighted to be part of #tastytuesdays at Honest Mum