With the school summer holidays right around the corner many families are looking forward to their much awaited trips abroad and for some lucky travellers that could mean a TransAtlantic flight to my favourite destination of Florida in the United States of America.
If you’ve flown across the pond to the States before then you’ll already be aware of the strict security policies that are put in place to keep us all safe as we journey, unfortunately this morning tighter levels of security have been announced – check out what the BBC News has to say.
My advice to British holidaymakers is as always –
- Check your British Passport is valid for at least 6 months from your scheduled return date.
- Check you have a current and valid ESTA visa
- Allow ample time at airport check-in and security – at least 3 hours.
- Read up on current UK flight advice for what’s permitted through security in your hand luggage.
- Don’t slow up the process – be ready to take off your shoes, hats, belts, empty your pockets and anything you are directed to do at the security check point.
- Be patient and courteous with security officers, they are doing a fine job keeping all travellers SAFE.
If I can help plan your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort holiday in sunny Orlando visit me at the Disney Parks Moms Panel.
Hot on the heels of last weeks new airport security announcement comes this –
As per this BBC news report the Transport Security Administration (TSA) has released new measures for travellers entering the USA with the update that passengers with electronic devices such as mobile (cell) phones and laptops could be asked by airport officials to power-up their device before being permitted to board a flight to the USA; non compliance could mean the traveller being subjected to further security screening.
- Apple and Samsung phones to come under closer scrutiny.
- The UK, France and Germany will comply with these latest new TSA measures.
My advice for UK travellers to the USA
- Make sure your electronic device is fully charged before leaving home.
- Consider purchasing a portable charger .
Remember – All this is making OUR WORLD a safer place.