With Easter coming up this weekend I thought I’d share how I prepare my ~ perfectly soft boiled eggs ~
Simply eggcellent for your families Easter weekend breakfast!
Not wishing to tell granny how to suck or even boil her eggs, but here’s how I rustle up a healthy cooked breakfast of soft boiled eggs in just 6 minutes!
Now let’s get cracking…
To make perfect boiled eggs which have a molten gold like yolk & a cooked through egg white –
You will need ~
Fresh eggs at room temperature
Boiling water straight from the kettle
Saucepan & lid (size of pan to suit number of eggs being boiled)
Slotted serving spoon
Plus an all important kitchen timer, clock or be like me & use an iPhone!
- To begin – pour enough boiling water from your kettle into a saucepan to cover an imaginary egg
- Pop the pan on the hob & return the water to a rolling boil & set the control to maintain that heat – now with the slotted serving spoon carefully place your eggs one by one into the boiling water
- Be sure eggs are totally immersed in boiling water – top up if necessary.
- Now set timer for 1 minute
- After the 1 minute has passed – turn off the heat source & place the lid onto the saucepan
- Now re-set timer for 5 minutes
- While waiting patiently for the 5 short minutes to pass – busy yourself by preparing hot buttered toast cut into soldiers to complete this cosy & oh so simple breakfast!
- Serve by slicing the top off the softly boiled egg, sprinkle with a little salt & enjoy with dippy soldiers!
Can there be anything nicer for breakfast than a proper soft boiled egg wearing a both a smile & a little bobble hat?
Easter blessings to one & all!