I’ve heard it said that omelettes are boring…
Well I’m here to tell you that they most certainly are not and more than that, omelettes make a super healthy meal which can be ready in minutes!
Better still the way I make omelettes is budget friendly.
My Easy Omelette recipe uses up any leftovers lurking in the fridge.
And…the major bonus –
My omelettes are No Flip ones!
How to make an easy, no flip Omelette
For an omelette which will serve 2 hungry people – you will need –
a few handfuls (or more if you like it extra cheesy) of grated cheddar cheese
large red onion chopped finely
glug of oil
a dessert spoon of chopped fresh parsley – or dried mixed herbs
a sprinkle of chilli powder or paprika
Plus whatever you have in the fridge! For example I used for this omelette –
a dessert spoon of chopped fresh chives
diced red peppers
chopped cherry tomatoes
- Glug some oil into a large frying pan & place on a medium heat
- Throw red onions, peppers and mushrooms into the pan and gently fry until they are cooked and smell delicious
- Add ham, tomatoes and whatever else you’re using and stir around to heat through
- In the meantime break eggs into a mixing jug and whisk with a fork & season
- Pour eggs into pan over vegetables & cover with cheese and sprinkle with herbs and a dash of extra black pepper & a sprinkle of chilli or paprika
- Do not mix or attempt to flip!
- Over a gentle heat leave to set and cook through
- When set, transfer to a pre-heated grill to brown on the top
- Serve direct from the pan when still bubbling & hot!
You May also enjoy my – How To Boil An Egg recipe