I’m a sucker for freshly baked bread and truly find it practically impossible to pass by a bakery with it’s tempting waft of delicious aromas without going inside and treating myself to a nice warm & still squiggdy loaf or a crusty baguette or two.
However, I don’t know about you but I think fresh bread is best enjoyed on the day of purchase and left overs just aren’t half as nice – which leaves me in a quandary as I can’t abide waste – so my Oven Toasted Garlic Bread is simply my way of avoiding chucking stale bread in the bin!
Make something tasty with just 3 simple ingredients!
Jane’s Oven Toasted Garlic Bread
Oven set to fairly hot
You will need –
Day old bread cut into thick slices – or even cubed if you fancy!
Peeled cloves of garlic – as many or as few as you wish
- Take a large, solid baking tray and drizzle with a little oil
- Slightly crush the cloves of garlic and then roughly rub them all over the baking tray – leave the odd bits of garlic on the tray.
- With a pastry brush, brush oil all over the slices of bread and arrange upon the baking tray.
- Place tray into a hot oven for around 10 minutes after which turn the slices over for another few minutes – to avoid burnt offerings be sure to set the oven timer!!
- Serve with soup, salads or dips – or just gobble before anyone else gets a chance!
The alluring smell of bread and garlic is utterly amazing!
- I’m curious… How do you avoid throwing away stale bread?