The freedom of the great outdoors, or even just down to the shops should be accessible to everyone and with the assistance of companies like Mobility Nationwide – adventure, truly is out there!
I’ve spoken in past posts about caring for my own elderly parents and especially my dear Dad and although my family never required a wheelchair accessible car, I can certainly appreciate how owning one would both improve and enrich a less able or disabled persons quality of life.
Mobility Nationwide have specialised in providing customers across the whole of the United Kingdom with superior quality used wheelchair accessible vehicles since 2004.
It’s almost a given that we all will have to at some point adapt to life as we age or perhaps even change to suit another family members needs and one of most practical things to change is your vehicle.
Buying a new vehicle could certainly be described as a minefield and one which I personally don’t always enjoy. This trepidation would be greatly impacted if I had to select my 1st wheelchair accessible car without any guidance. So I’m happy to share that one of the most useful things about Mobility Nationwide is that they offer all their customers expert help and advice in selecting the best possible vehicle to best suit an individuals needs.
Conveniently for it’s customers right across the UK, Mobility Nationwide has an extensive online showroom which can be browsed at leisure from the comfort of your own home.
important pointers which are covered by Mobility Nationwide
- Help in choosing the right vehicle making sure you can access and sit comfortably in the vehicle.
- VAT; Do you need to pay VAT on your disabled access vehicle?
- Road Fund Licence; Can you can apply for exemption from Vehicle Excise Duty?
- The Blue Badge Scheme; What it is, and how to apply.
- General Information and advice, plus provision of other sources of help and advice on the web, including planning holidays so you can enjoy the most of your new-found mobility!