Not only does February have the least amount of days on the calendar, but it’s usually a cold, wet and chilly month here for us in the UK.
However it does contain the most sentimental day of the year – St.Valentine’s Day and February 2016 also includes an extra day of loving because it’s a leap year!
Did you know that in times long ago on the actual Leap Day of 29th February young maidens could make a proposal of marriage to their suitors…
But asides from all the romance February is also a terrific month to visit and fall in love with the charms of Walt Disney World Resort!
- February is considered low season which usually means Guests can enjoy lower than average crowd levels & cheaper Resort room costs.
- Lower crowds could also mean it can be much easier to get those hard to come by Advanced Dining Reservations at attractive Disney restaurants such as the hugely popular Be Our Guest Restaurant situated in New Fantasyland within the Magic Kingdom Park.
In addition to the unmissable Be Our Guest Restaurant – these are my top 3 romantic dining spots
- Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is not only blessed with glorious panoramic view of Seven Seas Lagoon, but also has a pretty awesome view of Wishes Nighttime Spectacular each night too!
- Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs is a terribly stylish joint where diners are treated to a cool exhibition kitchen and sushi lovers will be simply spoilt for choice.
- Monsieur Paul at Epcot is a hidden gem of a restaurant which truly delights in serving it’s Guests a truly fancy gourmet feast.
- With a 33% chance of a sunny day in February – you will see from the map below traditionally February temperatures in Florida are suited to us Brits – perhaps far more than the usual hot & steamy summer months.
- Although if you are a water baby it is worth mentioning that during the winter months both Disney’s Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks sometimes don’t operate due to lowered seasonal temperatures.
- Tied to school holidays or don’t want to risk a
stupidfine? Just visit in the February 1/2 term!
- Look out for money saving, budget conscious sales promotions on flights from the big airlines like British Airways & Virgin Atlantic during January & February.
- Celebrate Mardi Gras or as we not quite so glamorously call it here in the UK – Shrove Tuesday! Look out for restaurants like Crossroads at House of Blues at Disney Springs which usually have special Mardi Gras inspired menus on offer and if you crave pancakes be sure to try a Mickey shaped one or perhaps a yummy sweet potato pancake found at The Wave… of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Would you like to RunDisney?! Because traditionally each February Walt Disney World Resort hosts the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend – both serious and and fun runners from all over the world gather in Orlando for this most regal of race meets. The 2016 The Princess 1/2 is 18th-21st February.
- Be aware of the American Public Holiday – Presidents Day which is celebrated annually on the 3rd Monday of February. Public Holidays are much like our own Bank Holidays & can mean busier Theme Park days.
- Don’t forget to utilise the wonderful and totally free resources of my fellow Disney Parks Moms Panelists!
Now have fun making February your favourite magical month of the year!