Just last month the lovely Lauren (from Motherhood & Beyond) and I had so much fun sharing our favourite Epcot dining spots in Dining Through Epcot’s World Showcase – Budget Friendly Mid-Atlantic Favourites and now we’d like to take you on a wild, yet delicious trek around Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park at Walt Disney World Resort!
Although dining at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park is truly diverse and will excite any travellers taste buds, it’s not quite as expansive as Epcot; so instead of sharing our top 3 favourites in each category, we’re going to tell you about –
Our 3 favourite snacks & 2 favourite Quick-Service locations plus our very favourite Table-Service location.
In addition let’s not forget the upcoming new dining options available starting this Memorial Day Weekend (Monday 30th May 2016) ~ Fear not as we’ll also be sharing a preview of what to expect from these luscious looking new locations as well!
Adventure is out there!
~~ Favourite Snacks~~
- Smoked Cheddar Grits at The Smiling Crocodile; currently I’m loving anything containing pulled pork! So trying out the American Southern States favourite staple of grits smothered with delicious pulled pork and smoked cheese for me is an unmissable treat. For fellow Brits I would describe grits as somewhat like polenta or couscous in both taste & texture, infact they don’t really have a taste of their own and rather are more of a carrier of other flavours. Basically, don’t be put off by the word ‘grits’!
- Hummus with Pretzels at Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks; this healthy snackeroo also can be enjoyed with vegetables and both go perfectly well with a nice cold beer such as the amusingly named IPA Draft – Old Elephant Foot!
- Buffalo Chicken Waffle Slider at Trilo-Bites; Don’t you just love the name of this concoction?! Plenty of chicken with lashings of buffalo sauce all stuffed into a waffle sandwich; this truly is a huge and satisfying snack!
- Flame Tree Barbecue is without doubt my all time favourite spot to grab lunch at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. I love finding a table underneath the shady canopies where you may even be lucky enough to marvel at the sight of Mount Everest from the comfort of your table!
- Restaurantosaurus provides Guests with a giant array of family pleasing favourites like burgers, fries, hot dogs and chicken nuggets. It’s safe to say that Restaurantosaurus is classic and not Jurassic!
~~Favourite Table Service Restaurant~~
- Rainforest Cafe at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; well what’s not to love about this wild & exciting dining experience? There’s fiery volcanos and raging thunderstorms not to mention a plethora of animals and fish – all those animated feasts are quite a sight to behold before you get to even order your meal! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served up here with gusto – I can particularly recommend a Sparkling Volcano dessert as a sweet ending to a meal, this oozing chocolate lovers delight is unmissable an will easily serve a family of 2 adults & small children. Plus for good measure the servers usually holler “VOLCANO!” as they present it!
Now…for the all new dining experiences opening this Memorial Day Weekend
Tiffins Waterfront Restaurant promises an adventurous dining atmosphere and exotic menu offerings to please the global traveler inside everyone with mouth-watering delicacies from all over the world. In true Disney Imagineer style the 3 distinct dining rooms at Tiffins Waterfront Restaurant will offer Guests incredible details from Africa and Asia.
Next to Tiffins Waterfront Restaurant you’ll find the Nomad Lounge where Guests can celebrate the thrill of traveling the world by enjoying select beers, wines and libations from all 4 corners of the globe. Another fun touch for punters frequenting the Nomad Lounge is to embark on the “q & a” adventure by jotting down travel dreams which later will be hung up on the “tag chandelier” above the bar for all adventurers to enjoy!
Both Lauren & I can’t wait to include these new experiences on our next expedition around Animal Kingdom Theme Park.