For several months now I’ve had some exciting news simmering away quietly on the back boiler….
I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve been given the delightful task of resident judge
for the brand new Can I Cook It? app!
Can I Cook It? was launched by AppBoxMedia on Thursday 12th November 2015 and could be compared to a foodie style Instagram app complete with recipes and most importantly the chance to win real food related prizes from selected well know retailers.
Cook it.Snap it.Win it.
Can I Cook it? competition app launched for Britain’s budding chefs, home cooks and domestic goddesses!
- The foodie app ‘Can I Cook It?’ is a first of a kind competition app in which every two weeks 2 new ingredients are selected by the app.
- All participants must use these 2 selected ingredients to cook their dish but may also combine it with any others to create their entry.
- They will then upload a photo of their plate to ‘Can I Cook It?’ plus have the option to add filters similar to Instagram.
- The top 10 entrants, as selected by other users need then upload a full recipe and method for their culinary creations.
- A panel of food experts (ME!) who have amassed a following with their culinary blogs will select the winners.
- Also joining the panel in time for Christmas will be a well-known Michelin Starred Chef.
- Every two weeks users will have the chance to win food related prizes from selected food retailers to the value of £50.
‘Can I Cook It?’ is the brainchild of a specialised team of app developers in this genre who have seen their previous cooking app downloaded over 1 million times.
Commenting on the app’s launch Polat Hassan, CEO of AppBox Media says, “British families have taken a lot of heat for being overly reliant on ready meals. I think this is undeserved. The explosion of cooking related programmes and their popularity shows the passion people have for cooking and showing off their skills. Many of these shows, such as MasterChef and The Great British Bake Off that encourage people to eat well by cooking from scratch. More and more of us are giving it a go. ‘Can I Cook It?’ allows them to prove it in a fun and accessible way.”
AppBox Media Plc is a mobile application software development company. Its products are available across Apple iOS and Google Android, and are available for instant download across smartphone and tablet devices.
The founders, developers and project managers have a proven track-record at a number of worldwide organisations; including designing and building applications for organisations including Universal Pictures, Motorola, Toshiba, SEGA, and Fujitsu.